With the end of the academic year fast approaching, the countdown to summer has well and truly begun. However you’re planning on spending your well-deserved holiday – gallivanting across Europe, hanging with friends and family, or simply lounging around London – we understand that the long break can be a potentially daunting time for some supply teachers when cashflow gets tight.
If you’re looking to pick up some extra work these summer holidays, or are keen to find out about ways to subsidise your income throughout term time, here are some flexible, convenient, profitable options that also look great on the CV!
Share resources on the TES Marketplace
Don’t let the great lesson plans you’ve created throughout the year go to waste. Join the supportive community of authors on TES who are sharing quality teaching content, making a global impact, and earning rewards while they’re at it.
TES Global curates an extraordinary global community of teachers, and last year launched a new online marketplace that enables teachers to buy and sell content developed for the classroom. The platform is already the world’s biggest teacher resource website and regularly sees 1 million downloads every day.
Publishing your resources on TES allows you to:
- Share your content with an audience of over 7 million teaching professionals worldwide
- Develop your reputation as an author of high quality resources
- Earn cash for every resource you sell – authors have earned thousands of pounds in royalty already, and there’s no limit to the amount you can earn
As well as being compensated for the time and effort that goes into making high-quality resources, you’ll also be making a valuable contribution to a sustainable, highly-esteemed library of contemporary classroom material.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here are a few teachers talking about why they recommend selling teaching resources on TES.
To find out more about sharing resources on the TES Marketplace, check out the website, here.
Become a private tutor
The internet is awash with agencies and classifieds promoting private tutoring jobs for teachers and graduates, however there are few that come close to matching the convenience, support, and resources that The Skills Academy can offer.
The Skills Academy is a unique digital education service that provides curriculum-led tuition to schools and private students across the UK, using an online classroom platform. They can provide educators with:
- Personalised matching to well-suited students
- Access to a comprehensive library of lesson plans (with the ability for tutors to upload their own content, if preferred)
- Access to an easy to use calendar and online classroom platform, allowing tutors to schedule lessons any time and from any location
- Dedicated training and content support
Best of all though, the Skills Academy provides free access to formative assessment tool, Diagnostic Questions (DQ), designed to help teachers enhance the quality and relevance of their teaching, while simultaneously reducing workload.
Driven by tutors from Maths Doctor, the Skills Academy has delivered over 35,000 lessons to a broad range of customers, and recently won the Private Tutoring Company award.
If you are looking for flexible work that allows you to motivate, educate, and make a positive impact on students’ results all over the UK, this could be the perfect venture for you! The Skills Academy is looking for candidates who are:
- Interesting, enthusiastic and confident
- Degree qualified (candidates must hold or be studying towards a degree in Education or Maths)
- Experienced in tutoring (preferable, but not essential)
- Technologically savvy, with a strong and reliable internet connection
To find out more, contact Iris Hulls at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let her know you’re with Smart Teachers.
Mentor fellow teachers as a Pathway Tutor
TES Institute combines the best in online and in-person learning, allowing school staff to teach with confidence throughout all stages of their teaching career. From subject knowledge enhancement (SKE), through initial teacher training (ITT), to continuing professional development, TES Institute’s unique approach allows students to study in their own time, learning from peers and experienced tutors. That’s where you come in!
TES Institute needs Pathway Tutors across England to deliver online tutoring to pre-ITT teachers who are looking to improve their subject knowledge, or to existing teachers who are looking to teach an additional subject.
Subject Knowledge Enhancement programmes are delivered 100% online, and vary in length from 8-32 weeks. As a Pathway Tutor, you are expected to mentor learners throughout their SKE programme, coaching subject knowledge, supporting skill development, and supporting progress.
Subject areas currently needing tutors include Maths, Biology, Geography, Computing, and MFL. Entry criteria includes:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum level of subject expertise: a degree or equivalent in relation to the subject you are going to tutor
- A sound understanding of, and experience in, initial teacher training in England
- In-school teaching experience in England
- A sound understanding of and willingness to use educational and general technologies, e.g. webinar software, Skype, email, virtual learning environments
For more information about becoming a Pathway Tutor, visit the website, here. If submitting an application online, be sure to mention you are with Smart Teachers.
Refer a Friend
Don’t forget, you can always earn cash bonuses by referring your friends and colleagues to Smart Teachers. Refer five, and we’ll fly you to New York!
The success of Smart Teachers is built upon referrals, which is why we love to thank our candidates for every referral they make.
Have any more suggestions you’d like to share with the Smart community? Feel free to comment below.